Oxford Art Online offers access to the most authoritative, inclusive, and easily searchable online art resources available today. Through a single gateway, users can access and cross-search Oxford’s acclaimed, regularly updated art reference works: the Grove Dictionary of Art and the Benezit Dictionary of Artists. Grove Art is the foremost scholarly art encyclopedia, offering global coverage of visual culture, composed and expanded in collaboration with thousands of scholars and specialists around the world. Benezit offers unique information about the sale and collection of artists’ work, and it is one of the most comprehensive and definitive resources of artists’ biographies available. In addition, users can search and access Oxford art reference titles including the Encyclopedia of Aesthetics (2nd edition), The Oxford Companion to Western Art, and The Concise Oxford Dictionary of Art Terms.
Key features of Oxford Art Online include:
- Unified access to Oxford’s leading art reference sources
- Authoritative, peer-reviewed articles with rich supporting materials including bibliographies, media, and links to related resources
- Powerful search engine with sophisticated filtering options to refine by source, type, subject, and availability
- Intuitive navigation and options to save, print, or share articles
- OpenURL compliance to allow users to query their library catalogue and external resources with bibliographic information
- Learning resources including subject guides, timelines, and resources for educators
Learn more about Oxford Art Online:
- Editorial boards, partners, and friends of Oxford Art Online
- Special projects and major commissioning areas
- Editorial and image policies
- Reviews and awards
Keep in touch:
To receive information about our latest publishing, including subject news and special offers, join our mailing list. Connect via our social media channels: follow us on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr, and via OUP Blog.
All users are welcome to email the editors to suggest corrections, revisions, and new topics for articles and subject guides. We look forward to hearing your feedback. To offer your thoughts and comments regarding general site enhancements, you may use the Contact Us form.