(b Brussels, Jan 22, 1939).
Belgian architect, photographer and teacher. He was among the last generation of architects to be trained at the Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Arts Visuels de la Cambre, Brussels, by the great names of Belgian Modernism, such as Victor Bourgeois, Louis Herman De Koninck and Jean De Ligne. After graduating in 1964, he became associated in 1968 with André Jacqmain, with whom he shared a taste for elaborate forms and a varied approach and language. From their collaboration emerged the Place des Sciences (1972–5) in the university town of Louvain-la-Neuve and various houses and offices in Brussels, including the block ‘Building Stéphanie’ (1982–3) at the entrance of Avenue Louise, which has been considered a successful Post-modernist addition to the city.
In 1984 he became a partner of Nele Huisman (b 1939) and was awarded the Robert-Maskens prize for a garden pavilion at Bierges (1982...